JOB PURPOSE / SUMMARY:
The role of the Accounts Payable Clerk is to collect, organize, process and pay all project-related, overhead and other vendor invoices in an efficient, effective, and timely manner, subject to guidance provided by the Manager of Finance and Administration. The Accounts Payable Clerk plays an integral role in the costing of projects and completeness of expenses presented in the Company’s financial statements. As a result, the incumbent in this position must be committed to communicating and sharing information pertinent to management of cash resources.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collecting and organizing vendor invoices for input into Spectrum ERP system.
- Entering Accounts Payable invoices, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of invoice entry and coding
- Routing of invoices for approval by operations team and follow-up as required
- Assisting with the cheque run process, including running the cash requirement reports and preparing supporting documentation
- Responding to internal and external Accounts Payable inquiries
- Reconciling vendor statements and follows up to resolve any discrepancies
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Minimum of 1 year of successful experience working in accounting.
- Construction industry experience would be a definite asset
- Transaction volumes are heavy so the successful applicant must have superior organization skills and be capable of handling such volumes
- Team player with a customer focus
- Integrity and the willingness to own scope of work and associated issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Excel). Knowledge of Spectrum ERP would be a definite asset
- Energy, strong work ethic, willingness and ability to solve problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills