The role of the Entry/Intermediate Plumbing Estimator is to prepare accurate tender prices from the available information such as drawings and specifications. Tenders include lump sum, guaranteed maximum price format or unit rate pricing. The estimator will be responsible to prepare, record and maintain pricing and assist the management team in the ongoing pursuit and acquisition of new work.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing quantity takeoffs including entry into a computerized estimating system.
- Preparation, final review, and submission of Bid Documents to ensure all bid requirements are met.
- Assemble all elements of an estimate including labour, material, equipment, and subcontractor pricing.
- Attend and participate in site-visits, pre-bid meeting and post-bid meeting as required.
- Participate in estimating turnover meetings with project team to assist planning and budget process.
- Establish strong relationships with suppliers and sub trades to ensure sound and competitive pricing is received.
- Reviewing final cost report with project team and develop for historical information.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary diploma in mechanical or construction technology or other relevant technology field OR;
- Extensive experience in a mechanical contracting trade (Eng or CET considered an asset) OR,
- Industry certification including “Certified Quantity Surveyor” and “Certified Construction Estimator”
- Works effectively in team environment
- Strong understanding of specifications, construction methods and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and multi-tasking in order to prioritize workload and stay on top of things as project demands increase
- Self-motivated with strong willingness and ability to learn and be challenged
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, analyze and understand construction drawings, associated documentation, contracts, cost coding systems and work breakdown structures
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Access, Project) and familiarity with a computerized estimating system an asset.
- Excellent organizational and decision making/problem solving skills.
- Experience in commercial and institutional projects is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.