- DILFO is one of Eastern Ontario’s largest mechanical contracting, HVAC services, and plumbing & heating firms. We specialize in large-scale design-build & design-assist projects, new commercial construction, and tenant fit-ups. We also offer HVAC maintenance and 24-hour emergency service available 7 days per week. DILFO employs a large team of highly skilled professionals, is dedicated to performance excellence, and committed to continuous learning, safety and protecting the environment.
- The Service Plumber supports DILFO’s service division by responding to service calls from the dispatcher, Service Manager and Account Managers. This can include work such as repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, leak investigations and repairs, heating and gas work, and other work as required by the job. This position is hired through the United Association Union Local 71 and it is a requirement of the position to join the union.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- • Performing plumbing repairs in commercial settings.
- • Tracking materials used and hours worked.
- • Documenting job progress with photos and detailed descriptions.
- • Identifying other unit deficiencies and report to the Service Manager.
- • Providing excellent customer service to clients.
- • Conducting all repairs and installation as per building and trade codes.
- • Making recommendations on more extensive plumbing issues.
- The Service Plumber’s duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- • This position is hired through the United Association Union Local 71 and it is a requirement of the position to join the union.
- • Journeyman license or registered apprentice (3rd -5th Year)
- • Gas Technician/Gas Pipefitter certificate considered an asset
- • Backflow Prevention Certification considered an asset.
- • Valid Ontario drivers’ license with clean record.
- • Base knowledge of applicable codes.
- • Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- • Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs, bend, crouch, and climb- you may be required to use ladders or enter small spaces in this position.
- • Works well under occasional pressure
- • Sound prioritization/time-management skills and the ability to multi-task
- • Strong attention to detail
- • Ability to adapt to ever changing priorities in a calm and professional manner
- • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- • Critical thinker with the ability to problem solve
- • Proficiency in English written and verbal communication.
- • Excellent relationship building skills
- We thank all applicants for their interest in working at DILFO; only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
DILFO Mechanical does not accept and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés from recruitment agencies. Recruitment agencies should not submit resumes in response to this posting to DILFO employees or any associated company location.