If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be part of the DILFO team, where excellence, integrity and collaboration are the driving principles in everything we do, we’d like to hear from you. Please send us your resume using the form below.
Human Resources ManagerDILFO is one of Eastern Ontario’s largest mechanical contracting, HVAC services, and plumbing & heating firms. We specialize in large-scale design-build & design-assist projects, new commercial construction, and tenant fit-ups. We also offer HVAC maintenance and 24-hour emergency service available 7 days per week. DILFO employs a large team of highly skilled professionals, is dedicated to performance excellence and committed to continuous learning, safety and protecting the environment.
The Human Resources Manager reports to the President & CEO and has one direct report, a Health and Safety Officer. DILFO operates three divisions and approximately 40 non-union and 200 union employees, from three separate unions.
The Human Resources Manager develops, implements and manages human resources programs, such as staffing, compensation and benefits, training and professional development, performance management, and health and safety. The incumbent handles employee/labour relations, policies and procedures, and other sensitive employee issues and concerns.
- The HR Manager’s duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- 1. Participate in the strategic planning of the organization; develop and deliver an operational plan that aligns strategies and initiatives with DILFO’s values and vision, achieves efficiency and promotes sustainable, scalable growth in a financially responsible manner.
- 2. Develop and implement programs and processes; monitor the application and continuous improvement of HR programs, procedures and policies by conducting post implementation reviews and reporting results.
- 3. Provide advice and guidance to the President & CEO, managers and employees on a wide range of issues.
- 4. Conduct hiring and onboarding of new employees and terminations of employment.
- 5. Administer vacation, group benefits and leaves of absence programs.
- 6. Maintain the HRIS records including Ontario College of Trades (OCOT) certifications and employee security clearances.
- 7. Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations, if and when required; recommending, planning, implementing pay structure revisions and fulfill pay equity requirements.
- 8. Plan and monitor employee performance reviews, train managers on coaching and disciplining employees; hear and resolve employee grievances; counsel employees and supervisors.
- 9. Research, analyze and recommend additions or changes to policies and procedures in keeping with relevant legislation.
- 10. Manage one direct report in the development of annual plans and objectives. Provide leadership and guidance in the performance of their responsibilities.
- 11. As member of the Health and Safety Committee, ensure that: meetings are held as required by legislation, issues requiring attention are identified, tracked and resolved in a timely and effective manner; and investigate and report on accidents to the appropriate stakeholders.
- • 5-10 years of progressive experience.
- • Experience in construction and a unionized environment is an asset.
- • University Degree in a related field and Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP).
- • Member in good standing with HRPA.
- • Broad knowledge of the theories and principles related to human resources management; thorough knowledge of human resources policies and procedures.
- • Solid technical knowledge of a number of human resources activities, including compensation, employee benefits, recruitment, training and professional development and employee/labour relations.
- • Sound knowledge of the legislative framework governing human resources administration for this organization and specifically, the pertinent provisions of the Ontario Employment Standards Act, 2000, Occupational Health and Safety Act (including AODA and Workplace Violence and Harassment), Ontario Human Rights Code, Pay Equity, and WHMIS.
- • Microsoft Office, HRIS software an asset.
- • Language: strong written and oral communication skills in English; proficient in French is an asset.
- • Unyielding integrity and ethics; focus on safety.
- • Client service oriented, ability to build strong relationships with trust and integrity.
- • Exceptional interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- • Detail-oriented and solution focused with excellent organizational skills.
- • Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
- • Ability to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team.
- • Able to maintain confidentiality and exhibit sound judgment.
- • Ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- • Resilient and ability to manage stress.
- • Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
- • Pro-active; acts to address current or future problems or opportunities.
- • Builds and maintains strong and reciprocal relationships or networks of contacts with business associates.
Junior or Intermediate CAD CoordinatorDILFO is a second-generation family-owned business with 40 years of experience. As one of Eastern Ontario’s largest mechanical contractors and manufacturers, we have built a solid reputation for excellence. DILFO specializes in the full range of services, from large-scale design-build projects to new commercial construction, smaller tenant fit-up and maintenance and repairs. Junior or Intermediate CAD Coordinator: We are seeking dedicated junior or intermediate staff to join our team for a long-term commitment. We are seeking individuals with AutoCAD experience and knowledge of building electrical and mechanical systems. The primarily focused would be AutoCAD drafting, interference drawings, as-built drawings, and fabrication drawings Qualifications: A knowledge of local codes and standards is a plus. The successful candidate would possess the following attributes:
- Engineering or Technician degree or student(/li>
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience
- Strong teamwork skills
- strong time management skills
- strong communication skills
- Windows OS and, excel, word, etc.
- 0-10 years experience
Plumbing Estimator (Entry/Intermediate)The role of the Entry/Intermediate Plumbing Estimator is to prepare accurate tender prices from the available information such as drawings and specifications. Tenders include lump sum, guaranteed maximum price format or unit rate pricing. The estimator will be responsible to prepare, record and maintain pricing and assist the management team in the ongoing pursuit and acquisition of new work.
- Performing quantity takeoffs including entry into a computerized estimating system.
- Preparation, final review, and submission of Bid Documents to ensure all bid requirements are met.
- Assemble all elements of an estimate including labour, material, equipment, and subcontractor pricing.
- Attend and participate in site-visits, pre-bid meeting and post-bid meeting as required.
- Participate in estimating turnover meetings with project team to assist planning and budget process.
- Establish strong relationships with suppliers and sub trades to ensure sound and competitive pricing is received.
- Reviewing final cost report with project team and develop for historical information.
- Post-secondary diploma in mechanical or construction technology or other relevant technology field OR;
- Extensive experience in a mechanical contracting trade (Eng or CET considered an asset) OR,
- Industry certification including "Certified Quantity Surveyor" and "Certified Construction Estimator"
- Works effectively in team environment
- Strong understanding of specifications, construction methods and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and multi-tasking in order to prioritize workload and stay on top of things as project demands increase
- Self-motivated with strong willingness and ability to learn and be challenged
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, analyze and understand construction drawings, associated documentation, contracts, cost coding systems and work breakdown structures
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Access, Project) and familiarity with a computerized estimating system an asset.
- Excellent organizational and decision making/problem solving skills.
- Experience in commercial and institutional projects is an asset